Why choose a rubber roof?
- EPDM waterproofing membranes are permanently flexible and have a life expectancy of at least 50 years
- EPDM waterproofing membranes are highly resistant to UV and infra red light, without the need for additional surface protection.
- EPDM waterproofing membranes offer exceptional resistance to the effects of weather, environmental chemicals and aggressive industrial emissions.
- EPDM waterproofing membranes are extremely resistant to heat, cold, ozone and ageing.
- EPDM gives off no toxic emissions in the event of fire and the membrane is suitable for thermal recycling even after it has been laid for many decades.
- EPDM is extremely elastic, with no shrinkage or dimensional changes over a temperature range from -40 to +120 Degrees Centigrade.
- EPDM is considered an Environmentally friendly alternative to traditional methods
Why choose EPDM Roofing over traditional flat roofing?
There are a number of reasons why EDPM roofing is better than traditional flat roofing, here’s just a few:
- Environmentally friendly – Rubber roofing materials are extremely ECO friendly materials all applied with little energy – Both Government and the International Kyoto Ecology agreement recommend EPDM rubber as Best Value sustainable eco-sound roofing.
- Long lasting – EPDM waterproofing membranes are permanently flexible and have a life expectancy of at least 50 years. The first EPDM flat roofs were installed in the 60’s and are still protecting their buildings to this day.
- Resilience – EPDM Rubber roof membrane does not suffer with age from cracking or crazing compared to traditional felt roofs. EPDM repels all moisture and is the perfect solution for waterproofing flat roofs. EPDM Rubber “breathes” allowing vapours to escape, thus preventing blisters. EPDM roofing materials are highly resistant to UV (Ultraviolet light) and IR (Infra red light)
- Good looks – EPDM roofing material is a dark grey slate colour. EPDM Synthetic rubber flat roofing looks natural and doesn’t easily show dirt. One of EPDM roof advantages is that it does not support the growth of moss unlike traditional felt systems – so they stay clear!
- Sustainable – EPDM Rubber Roof Membranes are one of the most sustainable roofing systems on the market.
Ideal uses for a rubber roof
- Flat Roof Extensions
- Flat Roof Garages
- Shed Roofing
- Rubber Roofs for Dormer windows
- Bay Window Roofs
These are just some of the uses this extremely versatile product is used for, there are lots of other uses. Please call us on 024 76404080 with any questions or would like a no obligation quote for your next project. We are approved installers for the rubber4roofs epdm roofing system.